Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Float On

On Sunday, we got together with the Healys and spent the day out by the water. With the beautiful weather, all the kids (and adults) were jumping off the boat into Lake Minnetonka, and Ryder was no exception...We put his life jacket on and let him float around with everyone else. Curious how well the infant life vests work, we let him float on his back - and he actually liked it! Too funny! On the boat ride back to the house, I had Ryder in the cabin below since he was overdue to nap. I thought I might be able to cuddle him up in a towel and get him to sleep. But as he was snuggled up next to me with his eyes closed, I knew he wasn't sleeping because every time we hit a bumpy wave, he would burst out giggling! Like he was saying "Woah, Mom! Did you feel that! That was fun!" Then he'd relax again...start to sleep...until "bump!" followed by more giggles!! Haha! So the two of us laughed pretty much the whole way home.

Heading out for a boat ride

Cooling off in the lake

Look - I can do the backfloat!

Second cousin, Mya was such a good helper with Ry.  Apparently she said to her mom "Maybe they'll just forget Ryder at our house!" 

No comments: