Sunday, August 8, 2010

11 Months

This is the last month that our little Ryder is a "baby"...in just a few weeks, he will be a toddler...a 1 year old...a whole milk drinker...I am not ready for that.  But, since I can't change it (or how fast he grows in general), I try to savor every moment together.  Some of his big moments at 11 months include:
  • He now reacts to "So Big" with his arms stretched up as high as possible (no lack of effort here)
  • He can walk while holding just one of our hands / fingers fairly well
  • He can walk with his push cart toy very well and very quickly
  • He claps, waves and gives kisses (my favorite) regularly and whenever we ask him to
  • He flirts with girls he sees at the park or out on the boat! He has long lashes and knows how to use them - lol
  • He can climb up and down stairs
  • He has 5 teeth now (two on bottom and three on top)
  • He loves to crawl under / through things - even tiny spaces he hardly fits through
  • He plays "hide-and-seek".  He typically crawls into the kitchen and waits for someone to come find him.  Then laughes with excitement when found :) I have so much fun on my hands and knees chasing after him.
  • At the doctor's office last week (almost 11 mos on the dot) he weighed about 20.5 lbs
  • We've started mixing whole milk in his daytime bottles to aid in the transition

Crawling through the super-fun tunnel daddy made. He probably spent an hour going through over and over.  He would go through come give me a kiss, go back in, come out for a kiss, go back in...so precious!

Hide and Seek


Sooo big...

Woo-hoo! I can walk!


I thought I'd put Ry in his swing one more time to confirm that he's too big for it.  But he had so much fun in it!! Maybe we'll keep it out just a little longer...

1 comment:

The Pederson Family said...

He is getting SO big... we HAVE to get together soon. I haven't even seen him crawl yet.