A
couple weekends ago, I set out to take a family photo...of all four of
us. With my tripod, remote and experience photographing a bunch of
other families, I thought it wouldn't be that hard.
Boy
was I wrong!! It was pretty much impossible to be the photographer and
photographed with little kids. But, while I set out to capture the
"perfect family photo", I thought it was interesting that the one picture
that was closest to being frame-able is actually a very accurate
snapshot of our current family life. And when photographing other
families, isn't that really what I'm after?
So here's our "picture of life" at this moment:
Ryder
is usually off doing his own thing, and thinks he's pretty cool stuff.
Logan is our wild one and while Shawn is comfortable taking an eye off
him, I try to keep a hand or eye on him at all
times...trying, but never succeeding, to keep him out of trouble. And
through the chaos of toddlers, tantrums and little egos, Shawn and I still find
time for each other - for a kiss, movies after bedtime, and longer chats during
car rides when the kids fall asleep.
While it's not what I was going for, I like that it will help me remember life as we currently know it.
A few others (probably spoiling my Christmas card):
Curious little Logan - 18 months
Silly Ryder (4 yrs) - always laughing and trying to make others laugh
So in love with each of these boys :)
One of very few shots we have of the boys and I - thanks, Shawn :)
All in all, it was worth getting out of Maple Grove for a little walk in Minneapolis and some pics of the kids that I love. At some point though, I'd still love a cheesy family photo where we're all looking at the camera :)










3 comments:
Love, love, love! Precious photos! Great description of the photo that captures life as you currently know it. That will definitely bring you many smiles in the years to come! Thanks for sharing—even if it may be spoiling your Christmas card. :) Love you guys! xoxo
Beautiful post. Beautiful family.
Wonderful pics! I always enjoy your blog :)
Post a Comment