Thursday, April 16, 2015

Greece Day 6 | Santorini

After breakfast in our room this morning, Santorini Sea Kayak picked us up at our hotel just before 10am. They brought us to the south tip of the island for a tour of the southwest coast. 

What an incredible experience! They were able to tell us all about the history / formation of the island and show us a ton of cool sections of the coast. Some of the cliffs were black, some red, and some white - all from volcanic eruptions. 
Getting all geared up to paddle

Some of the rocks beneath the water were black, making the water look dark like a clear lake, and some of the rocks were white, showing the teal color of water! 

We also went in a handful of caves. You could see all the way to the bottom just about everywhere...I think he said up to 60 feet!

We also stopped at Kambia Beach for some snacks and chill time.

I absolutely love being on the water, so I think I had a permanent smile on my face for the entire 4 hour tour!

We made it back to our room just before dinner. At dinner, we had another amazing view of the caldera. And Shawn had another crazy seafood dish ;) I had a hard time looking at it across the table...

We also caught our first Santorini sunset tonight. Everyone wanders to the end of Oia (even coming from other towns) to watch the sun sink into the water each night :)

2 comments:

Nana (Debi) said...

Wow! It is so amazingly beautiful there!

Alison P said...

Shawn sure likes to order the "freshest" looking seafood he can find!