Friday, February 26, 2016

Brecken | 5 Months

Brecken, you are 5 months and you are changing so much! This past month, you have become so sturdy and interested in toys! If I dangle a toy in front of you, you will reach up and grab it. You also grab my hair, necklaces, and hoodie strings. You lay on the floor and reach for toys. You sit in the Bumbo and highchair and play with toys on your tray.
You are so happy :)

You roll over from your tummy to your back! I thought we'd try to get you to roll one night, so I set you up and you did it right away, as if it was on command! Shawn had missed it, so we repositioned you and tried it again for him. And you did it right away :) So fun. You lay on your back and lean with your head and leg, but haven't rolled from back to tummy yet.

We still swaddle you to sleep most of the time. With all this rolling, we're going to have to switch soon. Our sleep schedule is still being figured out - you take an evening nap from 7-9 or so, eat at 9pm, 2 or 3am and then I debate on waking you up for a 5am feeding before I leave for work. But I'm doing well with only waking up once in the middle of the night. 

You're still not super interested in the nuk. You take it when you're trying to fall asleep, but spit it out shortly after falling asleep or just before. You do suck on your fingers and your thumb. You have your hands in your mouth a lot.

We started food! The other kids started at 6 months, but the doc said to start between 4 and 6 months so that eating solids was going smooth by 6 months. I gave you a taste of applesauce first. You made a funny face and then a noise that sounded like 'ick!' Ryder and Logan thought this was hilarious :) You first real 'meal' was pears. You made a funny sour face after the first couple bites, then you wiggled your body and flapped your arms telling me you wanted more :) You ate about half a jar before I cut you off to make sure it sat okay in your belly before feeding you too much!

And you went on your first vacation! Ryder's first vacation was to Huntington Beach (when he was under 4 months old), Logan's was to Lake Tahoe (at 8 weeks old), and yours was very appropriately Breckenridge, Colorado! 

It's so fun getting to see your happy personality! 

No comments: