Friday, September 1, 2017

Dad of the Century

Last weekend Shawn completed a century (100 mi) ride to train for the ride to Duluth later this month. Even though it was in Mankato, I drove down with the boys to support him and help teach the kids about health and fitness. 

We made into town early enough to have some fun of our own. I had planned to go to the playground and petting zoo at Sibley Park, but when we got there, there was a corporate event going on! But it appeared to still be open to the public. They had music, yard games, inflatable bouncers (slides, zip line, obstacle course, etc), plus all the usual fun. The kids loooved it!!






















We made it to Mankato Brewery just before the guys arrived. The kids had fun playing various sports games in the brewery's front yard while Breck and I chilled on a blanket under a huge tree.

The guys finished at the time they expected and were all feeling pretty good, so we hung out with them for a couple beers. The kids played some soccer and brewery board games.




I was super happy to hear that the ride went well for Shawn, Nick, and Paul and I'm looking forward to celebrating their arrival in Duluth in two weeks! :)






No comments: