Brecken, being the youngest, has had the most milestones recently. Some are big and some are small, but they are all signs that my baby is not a baby anymore.

As of this year, Logan is a swimmer, becoming a fluent reader, a gymnast, and starting to have a social life all of his own. I think I plan more get togethers with our kids’ friends at this point than I do with our own friends!
The biggest game-changer for us has been Brecken’s bedtime routine. With some advice from his new doctor at his three year check up, we have been able to get him to bed at 8pm every single night. That’s huge because I had been parenting until 10:30 or 11pm since the day we transitioned him out of his crib over a year ago! It’s amazing how important this time is for recharging, doing your own hobbies, hanging out with your spouse, and planning / organizing / doing house projects.
He also graduated from speech. This is so great because at one point, I wasn’t confident that he was capable of making all the sounds he needed to in order to properly form words. He struggled with dropping the initial consonant. But with Teacher Brittany’s help, he is now is as chatty as the other boys. It’s also great because it frees up our Fridays for more play / outings.
And, a huge one for me, Thursday was his last day at his home daycare. Our kids have been there for about 7 years, raised in a home without a fenced backyard, eating food from her garden, with plenty of time for freeplay. Similar to how I would have ideally raised my kids if I were home with them. On Monday, Brecken starts at his new daycare center (‘preschool’). Crossing my fingers the transition goes well.
Ryder achieved a milestone that we have been working on for years and are celebrating by redoing his room. More to come on this as the project is still in progress.
As of this year, Logan is a swimmer, becoming a fluent reader, a gymnast, and starting to have a social life all of his own. I think I plan more get togethers with our kids’ friends at this point than I do with our own friends!
We took all the baby latches off our kitchen cabinetry! It has been 9 years since we’ve opened a cabinet without pushing a special latch. A subtle sign that my babies are no longer babies anymore...
But, with us moving on from the baby stage, the boys are able to do so much more. They are so fun to play sports with, take to events (like local football games), and travel with. So I am ok with these changes, but would still be happy if time could slow down just a little right where we’re at :)

No comments:
Post a Comment