We set out with the goal of making it to Bozeman in a straight 14 hour shot. I don’t know why I had such doubts about driving straight through when we have done it a handful of times for ski trips. Maybe because we never pulled a trailer, maybe because we’ve never done it with three kids.
But honestly, it was pretty easy. Shaw was feeling good on the drive, so he listened to his podcasts (laughing out loud regularly) while I managed the family’s lunch / snacks and entertainment. The hardest part was probably that Brecken (our quiet one) talked loudly almost non-stop for the first 6 hours. But no crying, so I can’t complain. And no one got car sick! Woohoo!!
We don’t usually have movie screens in our car, so the movies were a big hit for the kids - and the maps and compasses. Each kid had their own snack / activity bin.
We made it to Bozeman around 6pm MTN time, only having stopped three times for gas.
After dinner at the Bozeman Taphouse, we met my mom, Craig, Mikayla, and Autumn at our hotel (Springhill Suites). This is our only hotel night, but we thought it would be too late to set up camp for a quick overnight.
It was a nice treat for the kids to swim after a long drive day. And nice for the adults to relax a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment