In the spirit of taking advantage of this time, we have done a few things in the last couple days that I have loved.
We had a Christmas crafting day at my mom's. Just Brecken, my mom and I. So relaxing - and I made a pair of Christmas pj's for Ry :)
We did BYOB (bring your own baby) yoga at Blooma. I had done this with Logan when he was a baby and totally loved it. It was just as special with Brecken. I wanted to photograph the whole class to savor the experience, but knowing that would be ridiculous, I just took this one:
And then today, we had a playdate with Jen / Cora / Mari and Alison / Reese / Claire. I love love love chatting with these moms over coffee, watching the little ones play and snuggling our babies. This is another one of the moments I know I'll long for once our kids have grown.
Lunchtime
Three more days to enjoy...







2 comments:
Great morning with great mamas (and cute kiddos). Thanks for taking and sharing pics.
What wonderful memories! And even more special that you do such a great job at capturing them in photos! I've been thinking about your comments on how going back to work this time is harder, and I can totally understand why. For some reason it reminded me of an experience a friend of mine had many years ago...on a different scale and totally different topic, so not exactly the same, but for some reason, it is what popped into my head... I remember her telling me she actually had to go to counseling after she completed her Bachelor's degree, because she had gone as an adult student and had been going to school for many, many years in the evenings or weekends, so when she finished, it was a great loss for her and she had achieved a goal, so it felt kind of like... "Now what? I won't be going to school any more." and she really enjoyed it. It took her a while to work through it. Why I thought of it was because an aspect seemed similar—a goal you've been looking toward for many, many years (to have children) and then after deciding the number was three...and having achieved that goal. Granted, you have three adorable young boys to treasure and keep you busy, but that 'something' that was always 'out there' in the future has now come to fruition. Anyway, not sure I explained it very eloquently or if it even matters, but just wanted you to know that I think what you're feeling makes a lot of sense and is probably very normal...a life chapter has passed. Not that any of these words make it any easier, but also wanted you to know my heart goes out to you!
You are a wonderful mom, and I see that in so many ways on so many occasions...and most importantly, in just every day situations! Ryder, Logan and Brecken are very blessed to have you as their mom, as is Shawn to have you as his wife, and Matt and I to have you as our daughter-in-law!
I didn't mean to ramble so! I'm writing this on Christmas Eve afternoon and getting a little nostalgic, I guess!! Love you! xoxo
Post a Comment