Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Day in the Life | July 2016
This was from a couple Fridays ago now, but we were well overdue for a day-in-the-life update. I love looking back at these, so enjoy doing them as often as I can.
9 photos, starting from the top left, and proceeding as if you're reading a book:
1. Early morning run / bike. The boys are getting up around 6:30 these days. Shawn usually makes their breakfast (eggs or waffles) before work. I love that he does this because it means they are usually fed by the time I wake up on Fridays. After breakfast, and after Shawn left for work, we went out for a bike ride (run for me). We either go to the 'first bridge' and back, the 'long way', or to Fish Lake.
2. Brecken is on the move now, so I need to keep a more careful eye on him. One of his favorite things to do now is army crawl over to the kid drawer and pull out all of the bowls :)
3. On Fridays, I often treat myself to coffeehouse coffee because even though it's my 'day off' of work, it is usually the toughest (but most enjoyable) day of the week.
4. On this Friday, we went to the community center waterpark. Brecken is now old enough to play! He sat in the zero depth area with me for quite a while, letting the big boys play nearby in deeper water. He was awake the entire visit (10:30-2??), spending sometime outside, sometime at the inside pool, and sometime sitting in the umbrella stroller just watching everyone.
5. Now that Ryder can officially swim, he was able to do the obstacle course! (Or as he would call it, the 'Ninja Warrior' course). He did this over and over and over. Sometime he made it across (without holding onto the net) and sometimes he fell into the water and had to swim to the side. So fun to be 6 :)
6. Logan loves this waterpark. Really, he loves just about anything active, as long as there isn't too much structure :) He was perfectly behaved (no joke) and loved the lazy river (riding on noodles and his life jacket) and loved playing at the super warm indoor play area pool. I even had a few minutes outside to lounge on a chaise with my eyes shut while all the boys quietly had snacks. Funny how a couple minutes can feel like a mini vacation...
7. Lunchtime. We had snacks at the pool, but went back home for a late lunch to avoid bringing a full cooler to the pool. As usual, I made sure the boys had a grain, a vegetable, and dairy while I ate a Luna bar for lunch. Coffee and clif bars keep me moving these days. Eventually, I'll get back to clean, healthy eating, but in the meantime, I spend a lot of time prepping food, feeding them, convincing them to eat, and then cleaning up after the kids. So by the time they're done, I feel like I spent so much time, I have to remind myself I didn't actually eat!
8. Dinnertime. Shawn grilled kabobs for the two of us :) I can't remember what kid-friendly meal the boys had, but we didn't even try to convince them to eat kabobs. Ryder would, but Logan would most likely refuse, and they prefer to eat the same thing as eachother. Brecken is really good at eating finger food, so we can usually dice food and let him feed himself a good chunck of his meal. On this particular day, I think he had meatballs, cheese, and puffs.
9. I remember a few years ago when I would tell people that we never really gave our kids ice cream. We would do vanilla yogurt in an ice cream cone or give them frozen bananas run through the food-processer (comes out like soft serve). Obviously, we have given in and often use ice cream as a bribe ;) On this particular day, Shawn brought home Dilly bars and the boys loved the special treat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment